Envirostall is a U.S. patented environmental preservation system to reduce environmental issues in the equine industry. Envirostall is a multi-layered system that bioremediates horse urine and other contaminants, helps neutralizes them, and then disseminates safe water back into the soil.
Bioremediation is the process of using naturally occurring, safe and beneficial micro-organisms to degrade environmentally harmful contaminants and turn them into non-toxic compounds.
Envirostall micro-organisms are a patented formula for use specifically in the equine industry. Our micro-organisms will break down horse urine and other contaminants and transform them into water. Further, this natural process will produce valuable bio-nutrients that can be utilized by both plant and aquatic life. The process of bioremediation is listed as one of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) innovative technologies.
Bioremediation is an attractive option for the remediation of horse urine and other contaminants found in horse stalls. The following are a few of the advantages & reasons why you should consider this innovative process and the related Envirostall products.
- The process is an ecologically safe and natural process. It is "nature’s way" of solving contamination problems.
- Helps eliminates the contaminates that cause thrush, respiratory problems and other health issues caused by dirty stalls.
- Bioremediation is cost effective. The process is generally 60-70% less costly than other technologies.
- No disruption to surrounding, non-contaminated areas.
- Bioremediation can be accomplished in-place (In Situ) thereby eliminating the hazard of "off-site" contamination caused by digging, hauling, and transporting of horse manure.
- Eliminates odor naturally improving air quality in your stalls and reducing the risk of respiratory problems for your horse.
- Using Envirostall bioremediation agents, the environment is virtually restored to its pristine condition.
- The process poses no health or safety risks to your employees while reducing veterinary expenses, and bedding, waste disposal, and labor cleanup costs.
According to EPA Publication 640/k-93/002: "The United States is the world leader in field implementation of bioremediation, an attractive alternative to conventional methods of cleaning up persistent hazardous wastes in the environment." It further goes on to state, "The potential use of bioremediation technologies is significant, as federal & state governments, private industry and others responsible for environmental cleanup efforts add it to their arsenals of methods for environmental reclamation.
The microbes utilized in our products are not only patented, but they are also the only bioremediation agents made specifically to eradicate horse urine and other contaminants found in horse stalls. Our products are in an active preparation, ready to be used. They require no special solutions, no special mixing and no waiting period before application. The simple addition of horse urine activates our products. They are easy to use and therefore require very little training of personnel. All of these factors translate into cost savings for the user. Envirostall products were developed to bring the innovative technology of bioremediation into everyday use.